Vacation A Day: Enter To Win Here l Photos

On the Way to Cape May Lyrics

capemaylight On the Way to Cape May Lyrics

“On the Way to Cape May”

“A love story that begins in Ocean City and wends its way along the Jersey Shore through Sea Isle City, Avalon, Stone Harbor, Cape May Court House, Wildwood, and romantic Cape May.” (Words and music by Bud Nugent, 1960).

Lyrics:
You looked so very pretty, when we met in Ocean City,
like someone, oh, so easy to adore.
I sang this little ditty, on our way to Ocean City,
heading south along New Jersey’s shore.

On the way to Cape May, I fell in love with you.
On the way to Cape May, I saw my dreams come true.
I was taken by your smile, as we drifted by Sea Isle.
My heart was really gone when we reached Avalon.
On the way to Cape May, Stone Harbor’s skies were blue.
We were naming the day when Wildwood came in view.
If you’re gonna be my spouse, we’d better head for that Court House
On the way to Cape May,
On the way to Cape May.

Comments

1. maria scarpa says:

my mother & i wait for every friday so that we can enjoy ON THE WAY TO CAPE MAY with you !!! we sing a long and dance. it brings back such wonderful memories of when my daughter was little and she use to sing the song to her while we were on our way to wildwood ! now we are making new memories.

2. Bill says:

Thank you for the lyrics, I always love that segment of the show when you guys sing that song! Of course I love you guys & (Gal)
    your all aok in my book! All my Best! Bill

3. Pat says:

I also look forward to hearing “ON THE WAY TO CAPE MAY” every Friday especially hearing Bob Kelly and guys singing it makes my day. I can sing in my car on the way to work without anybody hearing me. My husband was born in Cape May and his mother loved that song. Pat

4. Renee Peloquin says:

I really enjoy wogl especially on the way to Cape May,because I work in a nursing facility with alzhemier’s patients and they actually remember this song. I had never heard of it until I started listening to wogl and I even grew up in Jersey!

5. Jill Patterson says:

We love listening to this song every Friday during the summer since we moved to NJ and think it’s great that we can listen on-line now that we’re in NC. Thanks WOGL. Have a Great Labor Day Weekend.

6. Pat R. says:

I make sure my radio is on every Friday around 8:50 am so I can hear “On The Way To Cape May”. I first heard it when my 3 children were small (now in their 30’s & 40’s!) when I would take them to Woodies Cafe in Wildwood with my Mother who has since passed away. It brings back fond memories. Pat R.