By: Renee Grant
The time is fast approaching where we celebrate Mom and all the amazing things she does for us.
On May 14th, all over the country grateful kids and dads will find ways to make the lady of the house feel like a queen, and we won’t be any different.
Here are six great ways to show mom how much you adore her on her special day.
- Take Mom out for a great meal: The Philadelphia area is filled with amazing places to eat. From Rittenhouse Square to West Philly, there are plenty of places to take mom for a delicious dinner. Tell her to put on her favorite dress, pick a place that serves her favorite foods and try something new! From a special brunch at Barbuzzo to dinner all day at Davio’s, there’s something for every palette.
- Take a cruise on the Delaware: If the weather holds up, hopefully, we’ll have a sunny, beautiful day on Mother’s Day this year. Why not take Mom on a cruise down the Delaware, complete with a buffet, DJ, and a beautiful view? Spirit Cruises has some great offerings for brunch and dinner. Have fun!
- Make cards for Mom in Historic Rittenhouse Town: Who doesn’t love a gift from the heart? On Saturday, May 13th, you can learn the art of making your own custom greeting cards. Add a heartfelt message and you’re sure to put a big smile on Mom’s face. Don’t forget the flowers and chocolates to go with it!
- Take Mom to the annual Mother’s Day Music Festival in Atlantic City: Mom’s LOVE music! Well, we all do, and the annual concert held at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City is the perfect way to spend the evening before Mother’s Day. On Saturday, May 13th, you can see Maze ft. Frankie Beverly, Gladys Knight, KEM and Carol Riddick as they sing some sweet songs by the beach. Make a day of it and take her to the shops in the area, test her luck in the casinos, have a fabulous meal and see the show. Perfect day!
- Take Mom for tea: A soothing and traditional tea ceremony is a sweet way to show Mom you care. The Shofuso Japanese House and Garden is holding a special Mother’s Day Tea Ceremony on May 14th, where members of Urasenke Philadelphia will demonstrate the ceremony and provide guests with a bowl of matcha and a seasonal sweet. Be prepared to sit on the floor for the duration of the ceremony. The view from the garden is gorgeous, and afterward, you can have a stroll through the park. Such a great way to relax!
- Spend the day “down the shore”: In our area, nothing says spring has sprung and summer is on the way more than a trip “down the shore” to Wildwood beach. This year at Mariner’s Landing & Surfside Piers at Morey’s Piers will have a day of fun planned for Mom and the kids. Afternoon tea time with cookies and biscuits on the teacups ride? How cute! Kids will decorate cookies for Mom and families can take photos with signs and props. And what could be better than boardwalk fries and the smell of the ocean? Fun in the sun!